Doctor dogs : how our best friends are becoming our best medicine / Maria Goodavage.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Galion Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 9781524743048
- ISBN: 1524743046
- Physical Description: 353 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC, 
- Bibliography Note: Includes bibliographical references (pages 315-334) and index.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Dogs > Therapeutic use.
Summary: In this groundbreaking book, Goodavage brings us behind the scenes of cutting-edge science at top research centers, and into the lives of people whose well-being depends on their devoted, highly skilled personal MDs (medical dogs). With her signature wit and passion, Goodavage explores how doctor dogs are becoming our happy allies in the fight against dozens of physical and mental conditions. The emotional element in Doctor Dogs delivers as powerfully as the science. You don't have to be a dog lover to care deeply about what these dogs are doing and what we are learning from them--although if you're not a dog lover, you probably will be by the end of the book.