Marie's ocean : Marie Tharp maps the mountains under the sea / Josie James.
- 4 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
0 current holds with 4 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Galion Library||jBIO THAR (Text)||35920505712412||New Juvenile Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781250214737
- ISBN: 1250214734
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (chiefly color), color maps ; 24 x 29 cm
- Edition: First edition, 2020.
- Publisher: New York : Henry Holt and Company, Henry, 2020.
- Note: "Christy Ottaviano books."
- Note: Marie Tharp earned a graduate degree in geology in the 1940s, at a time when scientific careers were largely unavailable to women. Marie's vision and tenacity paved the way for her to become one of the greatest oceanographic cartographers of the 20th century. She was the first person to map the ocean floor and discover the 40,000 mile long Mid-Ocean Ridge and Rift Valley. Her astounding discovery supported the theory of continental drift, which led to the theory of plate tectonics. But it was not an easy road, and Marie struggled to receive the credit she deserved for her discovery.
- Bibliography Note: Includes bibliographical references.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Tharp, Marie > Juvenile literature.
Cartographers > Juvenile literature.
Geomorphologists > Juvenile literature.
Women cartographers > Juvenile literature.
Submarine topography > Juvenile literature.