Christmas is coming : traditions from around the world / Monika Utnik-Strugala ; illustrated by Ewa Poklewska-Koziello ; translated from the Polish by Antonia Lloyd-Jones.
- 3 of 3 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
- ISBN: 9780735844438
- Physical Description: 129 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Publisher: New York : North-South Books, 2021.
- Note: Originally published in 2019 in Poland under the title Idą święta!
- Note: First German edition published in 2020.
- Language Note: Text in English, translated from the Polish.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Christmas > Juvenile literature.
Manners and customs > Juvenile literature.
Holidays > Juvenile literature.
Folklore > Juvenile literature.
Summary: Why do we decorate Christmas trees? Do all children receive gifts on the same day? Come find out as Monika Utnik-Strugala captures the smells, tastes, and unforgettable traditions about the most popular, exciting, contemplative, and unique Christmas customs and legends from around the world. Find out why celebrate Christmas on December 25th, who invented the first glass ornament, why people build nativity scenes, and more! A truly international collection of legends and traditions are included in the volume such as - Glögg, Kutia, Lutefisk, Jansson's Temptation, Julskinka, Bûche de Noël, Hallaca, Kourabiedes, Christmas Pudding, Panettone, Christmas carols, talking animals, and The Nutcracker!