Annie Lumsden, the girl from the sea / David Almond ; illustrated by Beatrice Alemagna.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9781536216745
- ISBN: 1536216747
- Physical Description: 54 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Edition: First US edition 2021.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2021.
- Note: "Previously published as "Half a Creature from the Sea" in Click and Half a Creature from the Sea: A Life in Stories."Title page verso.
- Note: First published by Walker Books Ltd. (UK) 2020.
Search for related items by subject
Summary: Annie Lumsden has hair that drifts like seaweed, eyes that shine like rock pools, and thoughts that dart and dance like minnows. She lives with her artist mother by the sea, where she feels utterly at home, and has long felt apart from the other girls at school. Words and numbers on the page don't make sense to her, and strange maladies have been springing up that the doctors can't explain. Annie's mother says that all things can be turned into tales, and often she tells her daughter stories about the rocks she paints like faces, or the smoke that wafts from chimneys, or who Annie's dad is. But one day Annie asks her mother for a different tale, something with better truth in it--and on that same day a stranger in town, drawn to the sight of a girl who seems akin to the sea, helps Annie understand how special she is.--From the publisher.