The disastrous Wrangel Island expedition / by Katrina M. Phillips, Ph.D. ; illustrated by David Shephard.
"In 1921, Inupait seamstress Ada Blackjack joined a a group of four white men who wanted to establish a trading post on Wrangel Island in the freezing Arctic Ocean. The explorers were stranded on the island when their return ship was forced to turn back due to ice. Facing harsh conditions and dwindling food supplies, the men died one by one, but Ada remained. Find out how she alone managed to survive the disastrous expedition" -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781663958914
- ISBN: 9781666322361
- Physical Description: 32 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: North Mankato, Minnesota : Capstone Press, an imprint of Capstone, 
- Copyright: ©2022
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- 4 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.