Lion lights : my invention that made peace with lions / by Richard Turere with Shelly Pollock ; illustrated by Sonia Possentini.
"This is Richard Turere's true story of growing up on a farm in Kenya. A Maasai boy, Richard attended school when he could but more often was needed to herd his family's cattle. Richard's challenge was to protect his cows from the lions who prowled the night. Desperate Maasai farmers often killed lions, even though lions are at the core of Kenya's tourist trade and are protected. Richard noticed that lions stayed away when he was outside with a flashlight. At age 12, using salvaged electrical components, he surrounded the stockade with blinking lights, and the lions stayed away! His Lion Lights are now used on three continents to protect farm animals without harming predators"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9780884488859
- ISBN: 0884488853
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Publisher: Thomaston, Maine : Tilbury House Publishers, 
- Copyright: ©2022
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Lion > Juvenile literature.
Maasai (African people) > Juvenile literature.
Shepherds > Juvenile literature.
Cows > Juvenile literature.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.