Lisette's lie / Catharina Valckx ; translated by Antony Shugaar.
A springtime fresh picture book about a good day out with friends--climbing mountains, swimming and singing--and the difference between storytelling and lies. Lisette and her friend Bobbi the lizard have never told a lie. But they are eager to try--it might be fun! They tell Popof they are going for a trip to the mountains. When Popof decides to come too, they realise they'll have to make the mountain. A liar needs to improvise. In this funny story about imaginative play with friends, Lisette's creativity and quick thinking make for a wonderful day out. Gently exploring the differences between storytelling and little white lies and the importance of good intentions, this picture book is ideal to read aloud with preschoolers. With illustrations that convey a range of mood and emotion, the animal friends are brimming with personality and childlike playfulness--Publisher's website.
- ISBN: 9781776574407
- ISBN: 1776574400
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: English-language edition.
- Publisher: Wellington, New Zealand : Gecko Press, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Truthfulness and falsehood > Juvenile fiction.
Birds > Juvenile fiction.
Lizards > Juvenile fiction.
Elephants > Juvenile fiction.
Friendship > Juvenile fiction.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.