Concrete : from the ground up / Larissa Theule ; illustrated by Steve Light.
From a lowly mixture of stone, sand, water, and cement have sprung sidewalks, streets, and skyscrapers, . . . lighthouses and . . . palaces, long bridges and massive dams. In ancient building practices, in modern engineering, and in the architecture of the future, humble concrete plays a mighty role in the creation of the human-made world. With facts and . . . running narrative in the form of repartee-filled speech bubbles, [this book] is . . . informative and visually sweeping. -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781536212501
- ISBN: 1536212504
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Edition: First edition 2022.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Concrete construction > Juvenile literature.
Architecture > Juvenile literature.
Concrete > Social aspects > Juvenile literature.
Civilization > Juvenile literature.
Civil engineering > Juvenile literature.
- 4 of 5 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.