The Little Rock nine challenge segregation : courageous kids of the civil rights movement / by Myra Faye Turner ; illustrated by Dolo Okęcki.
"In 1954, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that schools had to allow Black students to attend previously all-white schools. On September 4, 1957, nine Black students were set to attend Little Rock Central High in Little Rock, Arkansas. But when they arrived, an angry mob of white people spat at them and hurled racist insults. They were also prevented from entering the school by the National Guard. After they were finally allowed in weeks later, they faced even more abuse from white students and staff. Discover the courage displayed by the Little Rock Nine as they fought to get an education while enduring terrible racism"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781666334425
- ISBN: 1666334421
- ISBN: 9781666334449
- ISBN: 1666334448
- Physical Description: 32 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: North Mankato, Minnesota : Capstone Press, 2023.
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
Comics (Graphic works)
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.