A life of service : the story of Senator Tammy Duckworth / Christina Soontornvat ; illustrated by Dow Phumiruk.
Senator Tammy Duckworth has logged a long list of “firsts” during her tenure as the first Thai American woman elected to Congress, including being the first woman with a disability to serve in the House and Senate. But while she dreamed of serving her country from a young age, Tammy’s path was not without its challenges...From her childhood fight to keep her family from homelessness, to her service in the US Army, to her recovery from grievous injuries sustained in the line of duty, Tammy never lost her determination to keep going against staggering odds. Invoking Tammy Duckworth’s spirited nature with sensitivity and joy, this uplifting account of a groundbreaking military veteran and rising political star will inspire readers to dream and achieve. Includes a time line and suggestions for further reading. -- Publisher website.
- ISBN: 9781536222050
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Edition: First edition 2022.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
- 3 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.