The myth of normal : trauma, illness & healing in a toxic culture / Gabor Maté, MD, with Daniel Maté.
In this revolutionary book, renowned physician Gabor Maté eloquently dissects how in Western countries that pride themselves on their healthcare systems, chronic illness and general ill health are on the rise. Nearly 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug; more than half take two. In Canada, every fifth person has high blood pressure. In Europe, hypertension is diagnosed in more than 30 percent of the population. And everywhere, adolescent mental illness is on the rise. So what is really "normal" when it comes to health? -- NoveList.
- ISBN: 9780593083888
- Physical Description: 562 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Avery, an imprint of Penquin Random House, 
- Copyright: ©2022
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Health > Social aspects.
Diseases > Social aspects.
Civilization, Modern > 21st century > Health aspects.
- 2 of 4 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 4 total copies.