Night shift / Robin Cook.
"Jack and Laurie are lured into the dark underbelly of hospital dangers when an internist is murdered. Colleagues turned spouses Dr. Laurie Montgomery and Dr. Jack Stapleton already have their plates full with crazy work schedules and family pressures. The last thing they need is a murder. When Laurie's longtime friend, by all accounts healthy Dr. Sue Passero, dies mysteriously in the hospital parking garage, an autopsy is required, which falls squarely under Laurie's purview as newly appointed chief medical examiner. So when Laurie asks Jack to take special care with the case, he can hardly refuse. With his curiosity sparked by the mystery around Sue's death, the indefatigable Jack, compelled to resolve the case at hand, sets out to investigate on-site at Manhattan Memorial Hospital, even though it means blatantly defying the Office of Chief Medical Examiner's rules. What started out as an inquiry into Sue's tragic passing soon turns into a deadly and dangerous chess game between Jack and the clever and deranged killer, who might just administer another lethal blow if Jack isn't careful" -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781432899554
- Physical Description: 511 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Physicians > Fiction.
Spouses > Fiction.
Serial murder investigation > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Medical examiners (Law) > Fiction.
New York (N.Y.) > Fiction.
|Genre:||Large print books.
Detective and mystery fiction.
Search for related items by series
- Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery ; 13
- Thorndike Press large print core
- Cook, Robin, 1940- Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery ; 13.
- Thorndike Press large print core series.
- 4 of 6 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 6 total copies.
Show All Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Galion Library||McNaughton L.P. (Text)||35920505784056||Large Print Fiction||Available||-|