The woman king / Tristar Pictures present in association with eOne ; a JuVEE Productions and Welle Entertainment production ; produced by Cathy Schulman, Viola Davis, Julius Tennon, Maria Bello ; screenplay by Dana Stevens ; directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood.
The remarkable story of the Agojie, the all-female unit of warriors who protected the African Kingdom of Dahomey in the 1800s with skills and a ferocity unlike anything the world has ever seen. Inspired by true events, it follows the emotionally epic journey of General Nanisca as she trains the next generation of recruits and prepares them for battle against an enemy determined to obliterate their way of life. Some things are worth fighting for.
- Physical Description: 1 videodisc (approximately 135 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Widescreen.
- Publisher: Culver City, CA : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Fon (African people) > Drama.
Women > Africa, West > History > 19th century > Drama.
Africa, West > Civilization > Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
Action and adventure films.
- 6 of 11 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 2 current holds with 11 total copies.