What meets the eye : a mystery / Alex Kenna.
Kate Myles was a promising Los Angeles police detective, until an accident and opioid addiction blew up her family and destroyed her career. Struggling to rebuild her life, Kate decides to try her hand at private detective work--but she gets much more than she bargained for when she takes on the case of a celebrated painter found dead in a downtown loft. When Margot Starling's body was found, the cause of death was assumed to be suicide. Despite her beauty, talent, and fame, she struggled with a host of demons. But as Kate digs deeper, she learns that Margot had a growing list of powerful enemies--among them a shady art dealer who had been selling forged works by Margot. Kate soon uncovers a dirty trail that leads straight into the heart of the city's deadly underworld. Margot died for her art--and if Kate doesn't tread lightly, she could be the next to get brushed out.-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781639101849
- ISBN: 1639101845
- Physical Description: 277 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First edition: December 2022.
- Publisher: New York : Crooked Lane Books, an imprint of The Quick Brown Fox & Company LLC, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women painters > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Women private investigators > Fiction.
Los Angeles (Calif.) > Fiction.
|Genre:||Detective and mystery fiction.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Galion Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.